The field chapel dedicated to Swiss Saint Nicholas von der Flue (1417-1487), known as Brother Klaus, was commissioned by farmer Hermann-Josef Scheidtweiler and his wife Trudel and largely constructed by them, with the help of friends, acquaintances and craftsmen on one of their fields above the village.
The interior of the chapel room was formed out of 112 tree trunks, which were configured like a tent. In twentyfour working days, layer after layer of concrete, each layer 50 cm thick,...more »
Filename: Feldkapelle - Peter Zumthor.jpg
Copyright Martin Bruckmanns